NSFAS is introducing a new system called sBux to pay students for food, accommodation, books and travel allowances.
sBux will be introduced at the following universities and colleges in 2014:
- University of South Africa (UNISA)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Venda
- Sol Plaatjie University
- University of Mpumalanga
- Ekhurhuleni East FET College
- King Hintsa FET College
- Motheo College
sBux students will be paid allowances as cellphone vouchers and will be able to spend vouchers at registered sBux merchants.
How will sBux work?
• NSFAS will pay your allowances for food, accommodation, books and transport in the form of sBux vouchers sent to your cellphone.
• You will be able to spend your sBux vouchers at registered sBux merchants.
What will you need?
In order to receive your NSFAS allowances via sBux, you will need:
- Your own cellphone
- To have signed your NSFAS Loan Agreement Form
- To ensure that your landlord is registered on sBux in order to receive payment. Please download the application pack below.
How will NSFAS support you?
- Download your sBux Guide below which will explain how to use sBux and also download a list of registered Merchants
- If you have any queries, please contact the NSFAS Contact Centre on 0860 067 327.
- You can also send any enquiries or feedback to email@example.com
For more information please see sBux student guide
sBux student guide
sBux merchant guide
Merchant Registration Terms and Conditions
Celbux Terms and Conditions
sBux Merchant FAQs
Support documents required with the application
sBux Application for Merchant Registration
sBux Book Merchants
NMMU merchant list
Motheo merchant list
UNIVEN merchant list