NSFAS-Funded students who qualify to receive allowances directly from NSFAS will receive cash funds in their NSFAS Wallets.Download your NSFAS Wallet Guide
Your NSFAS Wallet will allow you to withdraw cash and/or spend at any merchant registered by NSFAS. Allowance amounts are determined through consultation with institutions, communicated to NSFAS when you register.
- When your NSFAS Wallet account is created by NSFAS, you will receive a “Welcome” SMS advising you to verify your account.
- Ensure at ALL times that you have access to the cell phone number you provided to NSFAS upon application, as this is the number we will use to deposit your funds.
- Should you wish to withdraw cash, you may do so at any of our cash withdrawal merchants, Checkers, Boxer, U-Save and select Spar stores. Note that these stores have daily cash withdrawal limits from R200 – R1000 per day.
- Spending at a registered store has no limit i.e. you can spend up to the maximum value of your cash wallet.
What you will need to receive your NSFAS allowances via NSFAS Wallet?
• Your own cell phone and valid SIM card
• You must sign your NSFAS Bursary Agreement if you are a new student to NSFAS
• You will not need to withdraw cash to pay your landlord or any registered merchant.
Please refer to the user guide (How to Spend)
How to get started (1st time users)?
• Receive an SMS welcoming you to NSFAS Wallet
• Verify your account by dialing *134*176# and reply with your ID number
• Receive a password that you will use when transacting. Note that you need to keep this password secure at all times as anyone with access to your password may access or spend your money. It is advisable to log in to Celbux.appspot.com with your 5 digit password and update your password to something more secure and memorable.
• Do not keep or save your password on your cell phone and always keep your cell phone’s screen locked with a password or pin.
Please note that only students studying at the following institutions receive their allowances through NSFAS Wallet:
- Buffalo City TVET College
- Central Johannesburg TVET College
- Coastal KZN TVET College
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College
- Ekurhuleni West TVET College
- Elangeni TVET College
- Esayidi TVET College
- Goldfields TVET College
- King Hintsa TVET College
- Majuba TVET College
- Ehlanzeni TVET College
- Vuselela TVET College
- Mnambithi TVET College
- Mopani TVET College
- Motheo TVET College
- Mthashana TVET College
- Port Elizabeth TVET College
- Taletso TVET College
- Thekwini TVET College
- Umfolozi TVET College
- Umgungundlovu TVET College
- Vhembe TVET College
- Waterberg TVET College
QueriesFor all queries, please contact the NSFAS Contact Centre on 08000 67327 or send your queries/feedback to email@example.com
For forgotten passwords or change number requests, the Contact Centre will assist you.
To update your cell phone number, register on myNSFAS with your facebook or google account, and update your cell number. Note that this new number must be UNIQUE and accessible by you at all times.